Database IntegrationIn addition to creating a new "look" for the site, I also designed and wrote a custom database integration to communicate with SalesForce, the foundation's database of choice. Now, rather than having to update calendar, tour, concert, and artist information in the database and the website, there is a script that runs every hour to query the database for changes and updates the static pages of the site accordingly.
Other new features include:
- Automatically-created season pages
- Automatically-created artist gallery
- Maps on every tour and concert page
- Accept donations online through Paypal and Google Checkout
- Additions to the mailing list go directly into SalesForce
Artist QuestionnairesWhenever a performer is touring for the Piatigorsky Foundation, they complete a survey about each concert (used for grant reports and deciding which venues to return to in future seasons). These reports have always been filled out on paper, but now I've created a place for artists to log in and complete surveys online.
- Blank surveys for upcoming concerts are automatically created from SalesForce records
- Completed surveys are saved in SalesForce
- Artists can recommend restaurants for future artists travelling in the same area