Karl Hinze is a composer and playwright in New York City.
He enjoys collaborating with actors, musicians, directors, lyricists, playwrights, and producers to create and present new musicals, plays, plays-with-music, and anything in-between.
Played by an excellent four-piece band, Karl Hinze’s frequently mournful music is lovely.” —The New York Times on 210 Amlent Avenue
His musicals with collaborators have been published by Theatre Now, licensed by Music Theatre International, and reviewed by The New York Times.
Karl holds a Ph.D. in Music Composition from Stony Brook University, studied playwriting at ESPA, and is a member of the BMI Workshop.
Songs from “Big Picture” [more]
July 9–15, 2018 at the Wild Project
- The Exposed Bone Workshop Collective Ensemble Studio…
April 26–June 2, 2018 at the PIT Loft
- Cooking For Two at Sound Bites 5.0
May 28, 2018 at the Signature Theatre Center
- “Baseball Season Again” at MuseMatch 9.0
April 14, 2017 at Feinstein’s/54 Below
- “Every Year” at MuseMatch 7.0
June 18, 2016 at Feinstein’s/54 Below
- “One Day Closer” and “I’ll Make It” at Contemporary Christmas
December 5, 2016 at the Duplex
- Miss Metcalfe Goes To College at the Prospect Musical Theatre Lab
July 27–31, 2016 at the 14th Street Y Theatre
- 210 Amlent Avenue, Official Selection of the NYMF 2015 Next Link Project
July 9–14, 2015 at the Signature Theatre Center
- Are They Edible? by Jeanette Oi-Suk Yew
Nov 7–10, 2013 at the La MaMa Puppet Series
- Plague Victims Catapulted Over Walls Into Beseiged City for soprano, flute, and piano
September 17, 2011 at the Juilliard School